Hello from Vanuatu!

Send me mail to keep in touch! I don't have internet access much so getting letters is golden. Write me a tell me the latest news with you. I love care packages too! If you are feeling generous and would like to send me something I promise I will repay the favor some day. My addres is as follows:

Sarah Weber
Peace Corps Volunteer
Londar Aid Post
Pangi Post Office
C/0 Robert Kirk
South Pentecost
Vanuatu

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Drinking Kava (the national drink)

Our welcome to the training village

Other volunteers our first day at the training village


The first tastes of Kava.  As you can tell by our faces, it tastes awful!

My host mama and little sister Jeanet

The house I lived in during training

This is beef being hung from a tree.  They were preparing it for a wedding celebration.

My host family got this kitten to eat the mice in the house.  He wasn't much of a hunter though.

Our training group sporting the island dresses.  Yes, we think they are tacky too.

My host papa and brother Silbia. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and the descriptions of your new life. Your island dress is so funny! Looks like you are enjoying yourself. Keep smiling through all the adjustments. Those first few months in the village can be tough, but I know you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete